Because I am about to share my portfolio as I seek my next career step, let me take a minute to define the difference. Sharing your accomplishments or ideas is generosity when you truly want what is shared to benefit and encourage others. It is pride when your main objective is personal benefit.
So next time you are worried about sharing an idea because you may seem prideful, ask yourself who you are trying to benefit by sharing?
In this case as I present some of my work, my primary desire is to benefit a cause or organization through my work and investment in them. Although there are moments of pride when I focus on myself, I am endeavoring every day to focus on those that I can benefit and encourage through my work and ideas.
PORTFOLIO - Jon Hirst
Web Sites Developed:
- OSIS (an XML Bible Encoding Standard): www.bibletechnologies.net/osisinformation
- Be the Voice and Hands of Jesus (http://www.hcjbglobal.org/)
- ScriptureResources.com - The Path just got BRIGHTER (http://www.ifoba.org/)
- With This Ring - Christmas and Valentines Day Ring Donation Campaign (http://www.withthisring.org/)
Public Relations Efforts
- 75th Anniversary PR Campaign for HCJB Global
- PR Campaign for HCJB Global's New President
- PR Campaign for the Launch of Christian Grandparenting Network's Military Grandcamps Ministry
- PR Campaign for the With This Ring Christmas and Valentines Day Ring Donation Projects
Social Media Management
Facebook Fan Pages/Groups Launched or Managed:
- I'm Praying for My Household
- I'm Praying for My Grandkids
- The Lausanne Movement
- Media Associates International
- Bibles For The World
Twitter Sites Launched or Managed:
More Coming Soon . . .