A Legacy of Sharing Books: George Verwer

On April 14, 2023 George Verwer, founder of Operation Mobilization (OM), passed away. George's ministry is hard to describe because it spans so many decades, approaches and influences. Read a summary of his life and ministry here. 

But one thing is clear. George loved books. He read them, shared them and believed that they could make a difference in people's lives. My first book, Innovation in Mission, was published by Authentic, part of the OM's publishing efforts. 

In George's last video blog, he shared, big surprise, a book! On the list of what he shared as his "hoped for" legacy was for people to interact with his book "Messiology." As I listened to his final video this morning, I realized I had a copy of his book but had never had a chance to read it. So in honor of George, I sat down this morning and read it (it isn't long). 

I learned one big thing about George from reading his book. George is an amazing Generous Mind! In his small book, he referred people to 40 other books. His books is a gateway to a rich reading list. So I decided to create that booklist in this blog post as a tribute to George. Would you consider taking the challenge and reading through this list in the coming years? 

Comments